#hatch is a group of strangers from a wide variety of interests and backgrounds coming together to problem solve and help one another put good ideas into motion.
#hatch was formed by 3 Dalhousie grads while painting a friends apartment and talking about their various networks of friends with great ideas. What would happen, they wondered, if they gathered the collective brainpower of their individual networks in order to put those stalled ideas into motion…and so it began. Since it’s birth in 2011, #hatch has seen ideas come to fruition for business owners, journalists, masters students and even a hip minister.
#hatch takes place on Tuesday, October 22nd from 6.30pm – 8.30pm at The Working Group (425 Adelaide St. W., #300, Toronto ON M5V 3C1).
Register to attend
Here’s the layout:
1. Guest speaker (Andrés Aquino, Partner, The Working Group) on notable idea that they have #hatched (10min)
2. 5-8 people who have pre-identified themselves as “#hatchers” (or the ones sharing their ideas / projects) will each have 2 minutes to share what they’re working on and where they need help. (15min)
3. The audience will break off and align themselves with the idea or person that they want to contribute to or hear more about. (5min)
4. We walk through 3 problem solving questions in our groups in order to get to some solid solutions (the audience can rotate between #hatchers to maximize their brainpower) (40min)
5. Each of the #hatchers presents their soloutions and next action steps to the entire group. (10min)
*Drinks, mingle, merriment included at the beginning, middle and end of session.