Summer Dispatch: Tales from the cottage, a SCREENS sneak peek & front-end MVC frameworks resources for all!
A quick round-up of news, content and events from the TWG team.
TWG seeks talented intermediate visual designer
Our design team is dedicated to creating business success for our clients and improving lives through technology and design. We carefully craft experiences that are purposeful, engaging and effective for mobile and web applications. We’re searching for a talented intermediate visual designer that shares this same vision and demonstrates strong visual design skills. Cottage adventures included!
Resources for navigating front-end MVC Frameworks
Need a nudge in the right direction to get started on Angular, Ember or Backbone? Check out these stellar resources from our panel of #nerdlearn experts: Monica Olinescu, Robin ‘Evil Trout’ Ward and Robert Jackiewicz. Read more
FITC SCREENS 2013: SNEAK PEEK @ TWG
FITC SCREENS (October 2-4) is Toronto’s premier conference dedicated to covering development for mobile devices and operating systems. If you’d like a glimpse of what’s in store, join us for a free SNEAK PEEK on September 12 from 7pm. We’re featuring featuring four great speakers from the conference including TWG senior dev, Derek Watson. This not-to-be-missed event is free to attend – just follow the instructions below for a space on the guest list.
Ecology & Technology: Teaming up with Timeraiser for Social Media Week Toronto
We love sharing our office space with Timeraiser (and not just because they have an amazing turtle called Bertie). Timeraiser changes lives by encouraging people to bid volunteer hours, not money, for amazing works of art by local artists at events up and down the country.
We’re joining forces with them during Social Media Week (September 23-27) to host a panel discussion about tech and ecology featuring three leading scientists and moderated by Timeraiser founder Anil Patel. Register here: Free to attend!
- This might just be the best picture of Cliff, our canine office-mate, of all time ever.
- TWG now also available in Amaro, Valencia and Hudson. Join us on Instagram to see what life at TWG is all about.
- Guess which TWG partner was selected to be a Notable Young Entrepreneur? That’d be Andrés!
- Check out Chris’ piece on Huffington Post about Startup Weekend Toronto EDU
- Liam will be at AndroidTO on October17 to ask if Android really is the first postmodern design platform.
- Startup Weekend Toronto EDU Recap: Fall in love with a problem – Great post by Joe Wilson, Startup Weekend Organizer and education adviser at MaRS
- 10 Years Later, a mini-doc shot by Michael Krauss about our journey, is now available to view on Vimeo. Thanks Michael!
And finally… A request from us. Help Send TWG to SXSW!
We’re itching to get to Austin and we need your help to do it! Please take a minute to vote for Chris’ talk. It’s all about how to effectively build your product team by integrating experience designers -with more than 15 years product management experience it’s definitely something he knows a thing or two about. Help Chris realize his SXSW speaker dream with a quick vote. Thank you!
If you’d like to find out more about our work, our events or any other shenanigans, please get in touch.
Sign up for our mailing list and we’ll send you infrequent, useful emails about life in tech.
TWG is an Internet software company made up of designers, coders, thinkers and friends, with offices in Toronto and NYC. We love what we do here, and believe that software will make the world a better place. With this mission in mind, we work with innovators every day to design and deliver success through software