The Job Description: Web Developer, Toronto
Summary of the Role
Reporting to the Senior Tech Lead and Senior Project Manager of TWG, the Web Developer will work individually or with a team to plan, create and test well-structured, reusable code with a variety of environments using multiple platforms. The role requires a strong attention to details, exceptional technical communication skills and an ability to work independently within a highly fluid, client-oriented technology company. The successful candidate is interested in Agile Development, XP, and Lean business principles.
- Creating well-structured website related code utilizing industry best practices within a collaborative team environment
- Architecting, planning, estimating and scheduling software development releases and website architecture
- Determining hardware and software requirements for both web and mobile products
- Authoring detailed project and technical documentation
- Performing quality assurance
- Working with clients and agency partners through project lifecycles
Mandatory Skill Requirements
- Ability to develop code for mobile applications (including Android)
- Experience developing architecture of business analytic applications and systems
- Experience providing ongoing application hosting and support of large businesses and start-up companies
Additional Desirable Software Competencies
- Experience with C#, Silverlight, WPF, LINQ, ADO.NET, Entity Framework, Delphi, HTML5, jQuery, Ajax, Backbone, JS, PHP, XML, Razor, ISS, Apache, ASP.NET, MS SQL, CardDav and CalDav protocols
- Have created an API for a production environment
- Experience with additional database platforms such as Postgres, Redis and Mongo in a live production environment
- Able to work in a *nix/Linux environment
- Use source control exclusively, Git preferably
- Use ftp to deploy applications
- Experience programming iOS, Android or BlackBerry applications
- Write tests with UnitTest, RSpec or some other test-driven framework
Additional Desirable Business Competencies
- Comfortable working with business model canvases such as Lean Canvas
- Experience developing design requirements for a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Undergraduate Computer Programming degree
- 2+ years in a professional environment providing full-service web and mobile shop services, including application design, software development testing and deployment
- Ability to communicate technical and non-technical information clearly to clients and other team members
- Insatiable interest in new technologies, including responsive layouts, real-time web interfaces, location-based services, cloud service integration, high volume distributed applications, mapping, and more
- Able to thrive in a fluid, client-oriented software development environment
About The Working Group
TWG is a web and mobile agency for designers, coders, thinkers and friends. Our team of twenty works with a refreshing mix of tech start-ups, established media companies and recognized business brands like the Globe and Mail, Freshbooks, CBC and RIM to craft innovative and powerful web based applications. In addition to work client work ,TWG builds internal products, including PostageApp.
CAD$30 per hour for 37.5 hours per week, plus health and dental benefits.
Nature of Work
Temporary full-time position.
TWG Offices: 425 Adelaide St. W, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3C1
We look forward to hearing from you.