As a TWG mobile developer, you’ll be fully involved in all aspects of application design, development, testing and deployment. We work with a refreshing mix of tech start-ups, established media companies and recognized business brands across Canada and the U.S. to create innovative and well-crafted apps that use the latest mobile technologies –– location-based services, animation, networking, in-app purchase, cloud services, mapping, and more. If you’re passionate about the mobile space, come join the team. You can read more about who we are and what we do on our blog: http://blog.twg.ca
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a natural tinkerer, who is self-motivated to see how we can apply new technologies to real life problems.
- Can manage their time well.
- Is interested in Agile development, XP, and Lean business principles – someone who learns from experience and likes to improve their process and practices.
- Is willing to wear multiple hats and get involved in many different technical and business aspects of a project.
- Likes to collaborate in small groups.
- Would like to teach or speak about technology and its application in life and business.
Required skills and experience:
We’re looking for mobile developers who have either significant iOS or Android development experience (or both). Our goal for every team member is to grow and expand their skill sets beyond their initial comfort zone, but we always ask for a core competency to begin that journey. You will need at least two of the following:
- Significant experience with Objective-C and core iOS technologies.
- Significant experience with Java and core Android technologies.
- Proficiency with XCode or Eclipse.
Nice to have:
- Has experience leading small teams in delivering software projects.
- Can demo their own mobile app.
- Interested in Windows 8, BlackBerry or web development.
- Enjoy pushing the envelope (animation, physics engines, etc).
- Familiarity with web technologies.
- Loves Git.
More about TWG
TWG is a web and mobile agency for designers, coders, thinkers and friends. Each day, we pour all of our creative energy into what we love, and that makes getting out of bed in the morning the easiest decision we make all day. We’ve got a great team of about 20, a great work environment down here on Adelaide St. and we get the opportunity to work with Startups, on our own software product – PostageApp, as well as recognized brands like Globe and Mail, CBC, Freshbooks. We even have bi-annual work retreats, monthly community events, tasty coffee and tea.
For some, working at TWG will be a career, for others, it will be a stepping stone on the way to even greater things. And we’re fine with that, because we know that everyone’s path is a little bit different. In fact TWG’s Big Hairy Audacious Goal is to be the best software company in the world to learn, work and grow at. We love our work, and that makes it fun to create incredible web and mobile experiences for our clients, partners and community.
What to do:
To avoid robots, and people who don’t like to read or have fun, we want you to email us at email@example.com and we want you to place the the immortal words of Lionel Ritchie in the subject line: Hello, is it me you’re looking for?
Send us some links to your work, and tell us a bit about yourself including your work experience, any relevant education, and any interesting travels or life experiences you’ve had.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.